How to setup two-factor authentication 2fa
It's a great idea to use two-factor authentication with any web app you use and it is one of many security features we support with Tapmydata.
To setup 2fa for your Tapmydata portal account follow the procedure below:
1. Proceed to User Settings by clicking your name in the top right of the screen.
2. Click the Security navigation item in the left hand menu.
3. Click the Set Up Two-Factor Authentication button.
4. At this stage, you'll see a pop-up which has a QR code. You need to scan this QR code with your 2fa app of choice (see below).
5. Once you have scanned the QR code you need to enter the code that you will find periodically changes in to the "Enter the code from the app" box.
6. Click 'Enable' button.
7. The next screen will show you a reset code. Back this up somewhere safe. You would need it in the future if your 2fa app is lost.
Now, once you login, after the username and password screen you will be asked to enter the code from the 2fa app. The code changes periodically so if you get the code wrong because it's just rolled over simply enter the next one.
What 2fa app should I use?
There are many apps on the market that support 2fa and we wouldn't recommend a specific one as it comes down to personal choice. For some ideas take a look at https://www.protectimus.com/blog/10-most-popular-2fa-apps-on-google-play/